If you’ve always wanted to compost, and compost right, this presentation is for you!
In this virtual presentation, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC) will give you all the information you need to start composting in your backyard.
Topics covered include:
- a review of different ways to compost
- what goes (and does not go!) in your compost bin
- getting started with a basic leaf bin
- getting started with a bin for both leaves and food scraps
- best practices for managing your bin, and for harvesting, applying, and supplementing your finished compost.
Please register and provide your email address to receive the Zoom link on the day of the event. Contact email@example.com with any questions. If you have never used Zoom, check out the three-part "How To Zoom" tutorial series on our Westerly Library and Wilcox Park YouTube Channel to get started.
Resource Recovery overview:
Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation operates the state’s central waste facility. Our mission is to provide safe, environmentally compliant, clean, and affordable solid waste and recycling services for the Rhode Island community.
Egidia Vergano (pronounced E-g-d-uh Ver-gah-no) has worked as an Educator for Resource Recovery for the past eight years. After spending the early part of her career as an engineer in the medical device industry, she was drawn to the environmental challenges of our planet and committed herself to helping others reduce waste and pursue sustainability.