If you're looking for in depth tools, check out the databases we offer.
Find additional homeschool/distance learning tools here.
You don't have to come into the the library to check out books! Learn how to access our ebooks and eaudio here:
- Getting Started with ereaders
- Getting Started with Kindle ereaders
- Getting Started with Libby
- Getting Started with OverDrive Listen
- Getting Started with OverDrive Read
- MedlinePlus. The Teen Health page of Medline Plus, an online information service produced by the United States National Library of Medicine.
- Lifespan. The adolescent's page of Lifespan, Rhode Island’s first health system. A comprehensive, integrated, academic health system affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
- MHARI. Mental Health Association of Rhode Island.
- Khan Academy. A nonprofit whose mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Create your own personalized schedule and curriculum.
- How Stuff Works. General knowledge website bursting with interesting articles about every topic you can think of. And check out their amazing podcasts!
- Crash Course. Fun YouTube series on a ton of different topics, and John Green hosts some! I love the philosophy ones.
- Smithsonian Teen Tribute. Great articles from the Smithsonian Institute, selected specifically for teens.
- TED Talks. These TED Talks, which actually started during a 1984 conference where Technology, Education, and Design converged, are all from speakers under the age of 20.
- Kurzgesagt. Wonderfully animated videos on a wide variety of topics. Learn why finding alien life would be our doom!
- Discovery #MINDBLOWN. A downloadable app from the Discovery Channel.
- NASA STEM. Resources from NASA for students gr 9-12.
- Amazing Space. Another site by NASA, this one filled with info on what they know best, space!
- Interested in citizen science? Find a ton of ways you can help further scientific research at scistarter.
- Duolingo. Learning a new language is easy when it's this fun!
- Find free GED pratice tests from Test-Guide here.
- Kaplan, a for-profit corporation that offers test preparation and student support services, has some free online PSAT and SAT tests available.
- Find more SAT practice from the College Board.
- Virtual Visit. Visit a virtual tour or live presentation from the New England Aquarium in Boston, MA. Make sure you check out Sy Montgomery reading from her book How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals. She is a naturalist and author with the ability to bring the animals from her books to life.
- Mental Floss, the wonderful general trivia and knowledge site, has shared these two tours of excavated homes in Pompeii.
- Colour My Quarantine from Camilla d'Errico. Gorgeous illustrations with a manga-like aesthetic.
- Audrey Kawaski, a Japanese American artist known for her drawings of mystical females, influenced by her passion for Japanese Manga and Art Nouveau, shared this drawing.
- Susie Ghahremani, a popular children's picturebook artist, is sharing a coloring sheet a day on her instagram account.
- Author and artist Liz Climo shared an entire coloring book filled with adorable, funny critters via her Tumblr here.
- Or what about free coloring pages of the collections from over a hundred museums and libraries? Check out the New York Academy of Medicine’s #ColorOurCollections!