While the library is closed, we will be sharing additional resources we hope will be helpful in these difficult times.
Just because you can't come into the library doesn't mean you can't check out books! Learn how to access our ebooks and eaudio here:
- Getting Started with ereaders
- Getting Started with Kindle ereaders
- Getting Started with Libby
- Getting Started with OverDrive Listen
- Getting Started with OverDrive Read
- MedlinePlus. The Teen Health page of Medline Plus, an online information service produced by the United States National Library of Medicine.
- Lifespan. The adolescent's page of Lifespan, Rhode Island’s first health system. A comprehensive, integrated, academic health system affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
- MHARI. Mental Health Association of Rhode Island.
- Khan Academy. A nonprofit whose mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Create your own personalized schedule and curriculum.
- How Stuff Works. General knowledge website bursting with interesting articles about every topic you can think of. And check out their amazing podcasts!
- Crash Course. Fun YouTube series on a ton of different topics, and John Green hosts some! I love the philosophy ones.
- Smithsonian Teen Tribute. Great articles from the Smithsonian Institute, selected specifically for teens.
- TED Talks. These TED Talks, which actually started during a 1984 conference where Technology, Education, and Design converged, are all from speakers under the age of 20.
- Kurzgesagt. Wonderfully animated videos on a wide variety of topics. Learn why finding alien life would be our doom!
- Discovery #MINDBLOWN. A downloadable app from the Discovery Channel.
- NASA STEM. Resources from NASA for students gr 9-12.
- Amazing Space. Another site by NASA, this one filled with info on what they know best, space!
- Interested in citizen science? Find a ton of ways you can help further scientific research at scistarter.
- Duolingo. Learning a new language is easy when it's this fun!
- Find free GED pratice tests from Test-Guide here.
- Kaplan, a for-profit corporation that offers test preparation and student support services, has some free online PSAT and SAT tests available.
- Find more SAT practice from the College Board.
- Virtual Visit. Visit a virtual tour or live presentation from the New England Aquarium in Boston, MA. Make sure you check out Sy Montgomery reading from her book How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals. She is a naturalist and author with the ability to bring the animals from her books to life.
- Mental Floss, the wonderful general trivia and knowledge site, has shared these two tours of excavated homes in Pompeii.
- Colour My Quarantine from Camilla d'Errico. Gorgeous illustrations with a manga-like aesthetic.
- Audrey Kawaski, a Japanese American artist known for her drawings of mystical females, influenced by her passion for Japanese Manga and Art Nouveau, shared this drawing.
- Susie Ghahremani, a popular children's picturebook artist, is sharing a coloring sheet a day on her instagram account.
- Author and artist Liz Climo shared an entire coloring book filled with adorable, funny critters via her Tumblr here.
- Or what about free coloring pages of the collections from over a hundred museums and libraries? Check out the New York Academy of Medicine’s #ColorOurCollections!