Board of Trustees
Mary Carol Kendzia, President
Ann Lain, Vice President
Peter Robinson, Treasurer
Maria Bernier, Secretary
Deborah L. Bell
Thomas F. Boll
Mary Jo Girard
William J. Miller, Jr.
Louis M. Toscano
The mission of Westerly Library and Wilcox Park is to strengthen community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, technology, nature, and the arts.
Westerly Library and Wilcox Park strives to be a premier intellectual, cultural, and botanical asset for the region.
- Stewardship - Preserve the library and park to ensure relevance in the future with respect to our rich past.
- Equitable Access - Provide resources, technology, information, and facilities to all people regardless of race, sexuality, gender expression, ability, spirituality, or age.
- Respect - Honoring diversity, individual perspectives, and the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Collaboration - Promote and facilitate cooperation and intellectual engagement.
- Enrichment - Bring meaningful fulfillment through programs, resources, innovation, and nature.
Westerly Library and Wilcox Park aims to offer innovative programming, a robust array of online databases and resources, and provides information for the community in keeping with our mission. Wilcox Park serves as an essential lifeline to many, contributing an opportunity for children, families, senior citizens, and their four-legged friends to take a much-needed break and enjoy nature in a safe communal space. We strive to meet the needs of our patrons and visitors today, and anticipate upcoming needs. Our Strategic Plan will guide us into the future and assist in meeting those necessities.