Placing a HOLD on material allows you to request material in advance. Most circulating materials can be placed on HOLD. Items not owned by Westerly Library and Wilcox Park will be sent from other Ocean State Libraries network members upon request and availability.
Some materials may have a waiting list, so your patience is appreciated!
To place HOLDS online
- Click on the link for Library Catalog.
- Perform search (title, author, series, keyword) to find the item you are interested in borrowing.
- Select the item you are interested in by clicking the Request button.
- Type in your library card number with no spacing (14 digit number on the back of your card).
- Make sure you choose the desired pickup library location! (Westerly is near the very end of the list.)
- Click the Submit button.
- You will receive a phone or email message when the requested item is available for pick up at Westerly Library and Wilcox Park.
Place HOLDS by Phone
- Call the Reference Desk at 401.596.2877 x3 to reserve materials by phone. Have your library card handy to process all requests for materials.